Elkhart, Indiana-based Thor Motor Coach has expanded its Hurricane lineup with a new 35M floor plan featuring a large open living area with double slideouts and one-and-a-half bathrooms. The 35M comes standard with solid surface kitchen countertops, leatherette fabrics, and high-sheen cabinetry.
In the cockpit, leatherette chairs provide comfort while driving and functionality while camping, according to a company news release.
Swivel the captain’s chairs around and place the coffee table in between to create a dining area for two. For larger families, this area provides extra seating close to the Dream Dinette booth that seats four.
Places for a good night’s rest are located throughout the motorhome. The 35M features a walk-around Denver Mattress king size bed in the bedroom, expanding sofa, Dream Dinette booth, and a drop-down overhead bunk with a Cotton Cloud mattress that can support up to 500 pounds.
Other Hurricane 35M features include:
- Automatic hydraulic leveling jacks with touch pad controls
- Back-up monitor
- Heated, remote exterior mirrors with integrated side view cameras
- Dash workstation with 110-volt and 12-volt outlets
- 8,000-pound trailer hitch with 7-pin round connector
- 30-inch over-the-range microwave oven
- 3-burner gas cooktop with oven
- Roll-out countertop extension
- 11 cubic foot residential refrigerator with ice maker
- 40-inch LED TV in the living room
- 32-inch LED TV in the bedroom
- Exterior 32-inch LED TV
- Onan RV QG 5500 gas generator
- Black tank flush system
- 50-amp service w/detachable shoreline power cord
- Dual 13,500 BTU roof air conditioners
- 1800-watt inverter
- Stackable washer/dryer combo ready
2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M motorhome specs include:
- Chassis: Ford F-53 SuperDuty
- Ford Engine: 6.8L Triton V10 320-HP and 460 pound-foot torque
- GVWR: 22,000 pounds
- GCWR: 26,000 pounds
- Wheelbase: 242 inches
- Exterior Length (w/o ladder): 36 feet 9 inches
- Exterior Height (w/AC): 12 feet 2 inches
- Exterior Width (w/o mirrors): 99 inches
- Interior Height: 7 feet 0 inches
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 80 gallons
- Fresh Water Tank Capacity: 50 gallons
- Gray Water Tank Capacity: Front 40 gallons/Rear 44 gallons
- Black Water Tank Capacity: Front 40 gallons/ Rear 29 gallons
- Furnace: 35,000 BTU
Thor Motor Coach was formed when Damon Motor Coach and Four Winds International strategically merged in late 2010. For over 23 years Damon and Four Winds have been building many of the most recognized brands of motorhomes. Thor Motor Coach manufactures Class A Front Engine Diesel motorhomes (Serrano and Avanti), Class A Diesel Pusher motorhomes (Astoria, Tuscany, and Palazzo), Class A Gas motorhomes (A.C.E., Hurricane, Daybreak, Windsport, Challenger, and Outlaw), Class C motorhomes (Four Winds, Chateau, Siesta, Siesta Sprinter, Citation, and Citation Sprinter), and RUVs (Axis, Vegas, Gemini, and Compass).
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.