RVC Outdoor Destinations, the nation’s leading provider of high-quality outdoor vacation properties, has completed the redevelopment and conversion of Yosemite RV Resort, which has joined its nationwide network of high-quality resort properties.
The campground, which was previously operated as a KOA franchise under the name Yosemite South Coarsegold, has been expanded and received extensive upgrades over the past several months to prepare for its relaunch as part of the RVC system. according to a RVC Outdoor Destinations news release.
During their multi-million dollar redevelopment of the property, RVC has:
- Created an entirely new arrival experience for guests, including a new entrance road and completely renovated and expanded Welcome Center
- Installed a state-of-the-art, broadband wireless network that will serve all guests of the property
- Expanded the number of lodging units and RV sites to 197 units
- Added 16 fully furnished RVC cottages, as well as 6 furnished and climate-controlled yurts
- Added Cloud Rest—a unique 3-bedroom, 2-bath house with two RV sites and a fenced backyard
- Modernized the pool experience with a refurbished pool, improved furnishings, and solar power
- Added a children’s play area
- Improved all lighting and way-finding signage
- Improved all roads within the campground
- Completely overhauled and modernized the bathhouse facilities
- Modernized and upgraded electrical service to the property
The property is now the eleventh resort in the RVC Outdoor Destinations nine state network, and their first property in California.
“Investing in Yosemite is consistent with RVC’s strategy of creating outstanding hospitality properties that give our guests a far greater bang for the buck than a typical “RV Park”, “campground”, or even most hotels,” says RVC Chief Executive Officer Andy Cates.
“What we have done in Yosemite is similar to what we have done with the Garden of the Gods RV Resort in Colorado Springs—we’ve taken a conventional campground, completely redeveloped it, brought in a new and more attentive service culture, and totally elevated the experience for campers and guests in every way. It is now the highest quality outdoor oriented resort in the region.”
“We’ve found a jewel near Yosemite,” says Yale Spina, RVC’s Chief Operating Officer.
“We are thrilled to make a commitment to a property centered around one of the most iconic places on the planet and we look forward to showing our guests what an RVC Outdoor Destinations experience is all about.”
Yosemite RV Resort is located at 34094 CA-41, Coarsegold, CA 93614. Reservations are now being accepted at www.rvcoutdoors.com.
RVC Outdoor Destinations
Founded in 2006, RVC Outdoor Destinations develops, owns, and operates a portfolio of high-quality outdoor hospitality properties located within some of the country’s most beautiful natural settings and offering upscale services and amenities.
Memphis, Tennessee-based RVC is redefining the traditional camping experience with its original Outdoor Destination concept and upgraded RV resorts that provide guests with a comfortable, customizable, outdoor vacation through a variety of affordable lodging options, including RV sites, yurts, cabins, and cottages, all with enhanced guest amenities and recreational activities.
RVC operates 11 Outdoor Destinations and RV Resorts in Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, North Carolina, and California.
Address: 429 N Main Street, Suite 100, Memphis, Tennessee 38103
Phone: (901) 432-4748
The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls.
— John Muir