The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) will honor RV brands built by 13 manufacturers with its Quality Circle Award November 26, prior to opening of the National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Kentucky.
According to a news release, these brands/manufacturers received at least 15 dealer responses and scored 80 percent or above for overall dealer satisfaction in the association’s 19th Annual Dealer Satisfaction Index (DSI) survey.
“The DSI Quality Circle Award recognizes the high level of success these manufacturers have had in working with their dealer business partners,” said RVDA Chairman Jeff Hirsch of Kingston, New Hampshire-based Campers Inn.
“Their commitment to continuously improving products and services ultimately helps dealers serve customers better and preserves our industry’s share of consumers’ discretionary dollars.”
The towable RV manufacturers/brands receiving awards are (in alphabetical order by manufacturer):
- Airstream Inc.
- CrossRoads RV (Zinger/Z-1/SE/Hampton)
- Forest River Inc. (Flagstaff travel trailers and fifth-wheels, Palomino RV travel trailers and fifth-wheels, Rockwood/Roo expandables, Sierra/Sandpiper, Indiana-built Surveyor/r-pod)
- Heartland RV LLC (Big Country/Elk Ridge, Bighorn/Landmark, Cyclone/Road Warrior/Torque, North Trail/Wilderness, Prowler)
- Jayco Inc. (Eagle/Super Lite/HT, camping trailers, Jay Feather/Select, Jay Flight/Swift/SLX, Pinnacle, White Hawk)
- Keystone RV Co. (Bullet/Premier, Cougar/X-lite, Passport, Raptor)
- KZRV LP (Durango, Sportsmen/Sportsmen Classic, Spree/Spree Escape)
- Lance Camper Manufacturing Corp. (truck campers)
- Prime Time Manufacturing Inc. (LaCrosse/Trace, Crusader/Sanibel)
The six motorized RV brands/manufacturers receiving awards are (in alphabetical order):
- Forest River
- Leisure Travel Vans/Triple E RV
- Pleasure-Way Industries Ltd.
- Tiffin Motorhomes Inc.
When rating the brands/manufacturers, RVDA asks dealers to express, confidentially, their level of satisfaction on eight core issues: Sales support; sales territory; vehicle design; vehicle reliability/quality; competitive price/value; parts support; dealership warranty support; overall dealer communications.
The 19th Annual DSI survey was conducted between April and July 2012.
Four hundred and sixty-one dealers responded to the DSI this year and provided 2,709 brand ratings, an average of nearly six per dealer.
A summary of the DSI survey aggregate results will appear in the November issue of RV Executive Today.
Your travel life has the essence of a dream.
It is something outside the normal, yet you are in it.
It is peopled with characters you have never seen before and in all probability will never see again.
It brings occasional homesickness, and loneliness, and pangs of longing.
But you are like the Vikings or the master mariners of the Elizabethan age, who have gone into a world of adventure, and home is not home until you return.
—Agatha Christie, British mystery writer