The Mobile Outfitters, the aftermarket division of Lippert Components Inc. (LCI), has released the All American Hitch, a smoother and virtually maintenance-free, fifth-wheel hitch for towing RVs and cargo trailers.
Designed with air cells that absorb the energy transfer between the tow vehicle and the trailer, the All American Hitch provides a quieter ride with less vibration than traditional fifth-wheel hitch systems, according to a news release.
The revolutionary new hitch comes ready to attach to standard mounting rails, and can also be adapted to most under-bed, square gooseneck attachment systems, as well as the Ford Puck system.
The All American Hitch has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) up to 22,000 pounds. With a height adjustment range from 12.5 to 17.5 inches, the All American Hitch can be mounted in either the center position of the truck bed rails or three inches to the rear, providing a tighter turning radius. The fully articulating head isolates the tow vehicle from trailer movement to aid in hooking and unhooking at various angles.
“The All American Hitch is designed to be the smoothest, quietest and most flexible fifth-wheel hitch ever produced in our industry,” said Sonny Dismuke, Mobile Outfitters product development manager.
“It is incredibly durable and literally requires no maintenance because it needs no lubrication.”
“This new hitch system is another example of how The Mobile Outfitters is continually introducing products that enhance the mobile lifestyle,” said Mobile Outfitters General Manager Steve Paul.
“We’re also proud of the fact that the All American Hitch is built with parts that are 100 percent manufactured and assembled in America.”
Benefits of the All American Hitch include:
- Air cell technology diminishes energy transmission between the tow vehicle and trailer for a smoother ride
- The system’s five air cells can easily be inserted or removed, allowing users to adjust the ride to make it softer or firmer, depending on what is being towed or the expected terrain (this allows the All American Hitch to work with a range of fifth wheel sizes and weights)
- Gold zinc plating will not chip like powder-coated paint
- The side-to-side pivot has an adjustable tension feature to control movement when traveling unloaded (rubber bumpers keep the fore and aft head movements quiet as well)
- The skid plate is clad with Whisper Disk technology for ultra-quiet maneuvering and is made with permanently lubricated Never Fail bearing material that is guaranteed
The Mobile Outfitters
The key objective of The Mobile Outfitters is to create products they would want on their own RVs.
Address: 52941 Glenview Drive, Elkhart, Indiana 46514
Phone: (574) 312-6654
Lippert Components Inc. (LCI)
Established in 1956, Lippert Components, Inc. is a tier 2 supplier serving the manufactured housing, recreational vehicle, and cargo/horse trailer industries.
LCI is an industry leader in a multitude of products including chassis, fabricated steel parts, entry doors, axles, leveling and stabilization equipment, suspension enhancement products, and accessories that enhance the RV lifestyle. LCI has grown to become a multi-state, multi-facility organization, with a reputation as being both an industry leader and an innovator in production and sales trends.
Today, as a division of Drew Industries Incorporated, LCI works with sister businesses to serve the manufactured housing and RV industries nation-wide.
Phone: (574) 535-1125
To re-create yourself anew in every moment in the grandest version of the greatest vision ever you had about Who You Really Are. That is the purpose in becoming human, and that is the purpose of all of life.
— Neale Donald Walsch, in Conversations with God