Go RVing Canada is launching its Favorite RV Recipes contest on the coalition’s new website.
The contest will run until December 24, 2012 and Go RVing Canada is encouraging all RV enthusiasts across the country to submit their favorite RV related recipe for a chance to win one of three amazing prizes, according to a news release.
A ‘top twenty’ list of the submitted recipes will be chosen and evaluated by a panel of judges, Phyllis Hinz and Lamont Mackay, otherwise known as The Cooking Ladies. Phyllis and Lamont are RV enthusiasts, the authors of nine cookbooks and former restaurateurs.
They combine their appetite for adventure with meeting new people, seeing new places, sampling new foods, and creating recipes.
The winning recipes will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Ease of preparation
- Relevance to the 5 categories
- Originality and creativity
- Visual appeal and taste
- Proper submission format
There are three prizes available to be won in all:
- Grand Prize for Best Overall Recipe: An RV Weekend Getaway, including a Class C RV rental, gas card valued at $150 and a grocery card valued at $150 (Total value $1,050)
- Second Prize: $250 gift card for Williams-Sonoma online
- Third Prize: A six piece set of Wusthof Steak Knives (Valued at $170)
The total approximate retail value of all three prizes is $1470.
Recipes can be submitted in one of five categories:
- Savory appetizers
- Soups and salads
- Main course dishes
- Mouth-watering desserts
- Kid-friendly snacks
- There are over 1 million RVs on the road in Canada
- Starting at $6,000, there is an RV for every budget
- The Canadian RV industry is valued at over $3 billion
- 90 percent of owners say that their number one priority is seeing the country
- Studies show that it is up to 78 percent cheaper to vacation with an RV versus a regular vacation
- Many RVs can be used throughout the year
- 90 percent of owners say that it is the best way to travel with kids
- 40 percent of RV families have children
Details Favorite RV Recipes Contest
Start Date: Tuesday, November 6
Entry Deadline: Monday, December 24, 12:00 a.m. EST
Winners Announced: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 12:00 p.m. EST, Ottawa, ON
Click here to read the full contest rules.
Go RVing Canada
The Go RVing Canada coalition was formed in 1997, and consists of RV manufacturers, RV dealers, and campground operators.
The coalition serves as the Canadian RV camping industry ambassador to provide the public and media with information about the benefits of RV travel. The coalition also seeks to enhance consumer information and satisfaction with the RV experience.
Address: 29 Haslett Avenue, Toronto ON M4L 3R1
I am not a glutton—I am an explorer of food.