Entegra Coach plans to offer the Mobileye Collision Avoidance C2-270 System in 2013 motor coach models.
The Mobileye C2-270 system, designed to prevent collisions, includes a smart camera located on the front windshield inside the vehicle. It utilizes Mobileye’s vehicle, lane, and pedestrian detection technologies to measure the distance to vehicles, lane markings, and pedestrians, providing the driver with life-saving alerts, according to a recent news release.
The system calculates the “time to collision” based on the distance and the relative speed between the two vehicles. Studies showed that 1.5 seconds of early warning can prevent almost 90% of all rear-end collisions. The forward collision warning in the Mobileye C2-270 alerts the driver up to 2.7 seconds before a collision allowing enough time to react.
The lane departure warning alerts the driver with visual and audio warnings when deviating unintentionally from the driving lane, a situation that may end in a run-off-road crash or rollover. The Mobileye C2-270 measures the distance from the vehicle’s wheels to the lane markings on both sides and issues a directional alert. Studies conducted on fleet vehicles have shown a 65% decrease in all lane-departure related crashes using the lane departure warning.
Features of the Mobileye C2-270 include:
- Daylight pedestrian collision warning, including bicycle detection
- Forward collision warning, both in highway and urban areas, including motorcycle detection
- Lane departure warning
- Headway monitoring and warning
- Intelligent high-beam control
Mobileye C2-270 benefits include:
- Prevents or mitigates collisions
- Saves lives and prevents injuries
- Reduces collision related costs
- Improves driving habits
System components include:
- A windshield-mounted vision sensor unit with a compact High Dynamic Range CMOS (HDRC) camera and Mobileye’s SeeQ2 image processing board
- High-quality audio alert buzzer
- User-friendly, high visibility Eye Watch Display and control unit, for visual directional warnings and numerical headway measurement display, with customizing options
- The Mobileye C2-270 fits all types of passenger cars, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles, and fleet trucks.
“We’re always looking for innovative products to lead in technology and safety,” said Tadd Jenkins, Entegra Coach national sales manager. “The Mobileye Collision Avoidance System will give our customers greater confidence on the road.”
Mobileye Avoidance Collision Systems are distributed by RiverPark Inc. of Elkhart, Indiana.
Entegra Coach, Inc.
Entegra Coach manufactures and markets luxury Class A motor coaches.
Entegra Coach became a member of the Jayco family of companies in the spring of 2008. Jayco is the world’s largest privately-held manufacturer of recreational vehicles.
Address: 903 S. Main Street, PO Box 460, Middlebury, IN 46540
Phone: (574) 825-5861 or (800) 945-4787
Mobileye, the global pioneer in developing Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), was founded in 1999 by Professor Amnon Shashua and Mr. Ziv Aviram. Ever since its inception Mobileye’s goal is to develop and market vision-based systems that will help drivers keep passengers safe on the roads and decrease traffic accidents.
Mobileye’s development center, located in Har Hotzvim, Jerusalem is the world’s largest machine vision development center and employs approximately 200 research and development employees. In addition, the company has offices in the Netherlands, the United States, Japan and Cyprus.
Address: 21953 Protecta Drive, Elkhart IN, 46516
Phone: (574) 522-7781 or (800) 442-7717
I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.