In an earlier report I indicated that San Clemente, California-based Girard Products, a leader in RV tankless water heater technology, continued to increase its market share.
Now, one and one-half years later, Girard Products reports that their 2nd Generation Tankless Water Heater, the GSWH-1M, continues to make significant market gains, both with OEMs and in the aftermarket.
More than 30 brands of major RVs are now offering the GSWH-1M on their 2013 and 2014 models either as an option or as standard equipment, according to a company news release.
In the first quarter 2013, the aftermarket sales of the GSWH-1M have exceeded the aftermarket sales of the entire previous year.
The GSWH-1M is now on target to capture more than a 20 percent share of all water heaters sold in the aftermarket, according to Jerry Rennert, general manager, Girard Products.
“OEM and aftermarket customers have come to recognize and appreciate the GSWH-1M for its innovative, patented design, which offers endless hot water in an efficient, compact, and lightweight package, and it continues to be the only tankless water heater which includes ‘freeze-protection’ as a standard feature,” said Rennert.
How a Tankless Water Heater Works
- A hot water tap is turned on
- Cold water enters the heater
- A water flow sensor detects that water is flowing
- The microprocessor based circuit board automatically ignites the burner
- Water circulates through the heat exchanger
- The water is heated to the set temperature
- When the tap is turned off, the unit shuts down
It’s the Flow that Makes it Go!
That is to say, that the temperature of the hot water coming out of the hot water faucet is determined by the hot water flow; the faster the flow, the cooler the water; the slower the flow, the hotter the water.
By adjusting the flow and/or adjusting the GMC Dial, RVers can have endless hot water!
The Girard Tankless RV Water Heater features include:
- Instant/Endless Hot Water—an unlimited supply of hot water when you need it
- No Recovery Time—there is no tank to run out of hot water so you can shower all day if you want
- Energy Efficient—uses 60 percent less LP Gas than Storage Tank Model Water Heaters
- Temperature Rise—20° to 70° depending on the GMC Dial setting and the water flow
- Induced Draft—Improves combustion, and efficiency; not affected by high elevations
- Adjustable BTU Burner—for improved efficiency, you can adjust the burner from a Hi-Flame (36,000 BTUs) all the way to a Low Flame (18,000 BTUs) depending on the incoming water temperature
- Lightweight—over 65 percent lighter (50–100 pounds less) than conventional tank model water heaters
- State of the Art Electronic Ignition—no pilot lights or manual burners to keep lighting or adjusting
- Compact—fits into any existing water heater cut-out opening (overall dimensions are 12.5 iches X 12.5 inches X 15.5 inches
- No Anode—no tank means you never have to worry about corrosion eating away at the tank.
- No By-Pass Valve Needed—no storage tank to by-pass when winterizing the unit
- CSA Approved
- Two-Year Warranty
The Girard GSWH-1M Tankless Water Heater is being offered on a number of new RVs from manufacturers including Forest River, Jayco, Lance, Monaco, Outdoor RV, and Winnebago.
Girard Products, LLC
Formed in 1996, Girard Systems is known for innovation related to high quality awnings that are installed on motorhomes, ambulances, fire trucks, and command centers.
Address: 1361 Calle Avanzado, San Clemente, CA 92673
Phone: (866) 559-1221
RVing and imagination—both take you anywhere you want to be.