Elkhart, Indiana-based Ultra-Fab Products, Inc. announces the introduction of Zerk technology (patent pending) that dramatically increases the life of the jack by five times over competitive products.
“As the industry evolves and travel trailers become larger and heavier with slideouts now the norm on most, RVers need a reliable, long-lasting tongue jack that will withstand the rigors of the camping lifestyle, and with Ultra-Fab’s new innovative tongue jacks with Zerk technology making it the strongest and most reliable tongue jack consumers can buy,” said Ultra-Fab president Craig Searer, in a news release.
“We’ve conducted side-by-side cycle bench testing between our tongue jacks and all of our major competitors products, and our jacks continually perform long after the competitors products failed.”
“Now, with the addition of the Zerk feature where the RVers can lubricate the threaded rod that raises and lowers the trailer, the test results show that Ultra-Fab’s tongue jacks last a minimum of five times longer than any competitors’ products,” added Searer.
Zerk technology is essentially a valve that opens under pressure to allow lubricant to pass through a channel and be forced into the voids of the threaded rod.
Grease fittings are permanently installed by a threaded connection, leaving a nipple connection that a grease gun attaches to. The pressure supplied by the grease gun forces a small captive bearing ball in the fitting to move back against the force of its retaining spring.
When the pressure ceases, the ball returns to its closed position. The ball excludes dirt and functions as a check valve to prevent grease escaping back out of the fitting.
The new Zerk technology is available on the following Ultra-Fab tongue jacks:
- Ultra 4000 Electric Tongue Jack (Mfg. Number: 38-944014)
- Ultra 4002 Electric Tongue Jack (Mfg. Number: 38-944016)
- Ultra 3502 Electric Tongue Jack (Mfg. Number: 38-944017)
- Ultra 3502-7 Electric Tongue Jack with 7-Way Plug (Mfg. Number: 38-944037)
These tongue jacks feature the following distinctive characteristics:
- Super strong jacks featuring 3,500 to 4,000 pounds of lifting power
- 2.25-inch outer tube (38-944014)
- 2-inch outer tube (38-944016, 38-944017, and 38-944037)
- 18 inches of travel; travels 10 inches in 40 to 50 seconds
- Water resistant motor and gear housing
- Hardened steel gears
- LED light projects light in four directions (38-944014 and 38-944016)
- Emergency crank socket included
- 6-inch diameter quick-drop footpad has 5.5 inches of extension ( 38-944014 and 38-944016)
- Black wrinkle powder coat finish
- 12-volt operation
- Heavy duty electrical/connector terminals
- Durable Acme threaded rod
- 25-amp circuit breaker
- External grounding
- Power supply line is 7 feet of 10-gauge wire
- Positive and negative wires for secure connection (38-944017 doesn’t have two wires)
Ultra-Fab’s Ultra Electric Tongue Jacks are available through Arrow Distributing, Coast Distribution, Keystone Automotive, NTP, and StagParkway.
Ultra-Fab Products, Inc.
Ultra-Fab is a world class manufacturer of innovative top quality products committed to making your life easier and your leisure pursuits more enjoyable.
Address: 57985 SR 19 S, Elkhart, IN 46517
Phone: (574) 294-7571
Happiness is like a butterfly—the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.
—Henry David Thoreau