Thor Motor Coach introduced the all-new Aria line of Class A diesel motorhomes featuring luxurious interiors and a 360-horsepower Cummins engine.
Entering the Aria, the custom dash layout stands out as the main focal point. Every control and switch is within reach and easy to read, according to a company news release.
The dash has a unique design for better visibility of the road and features a separate camera monitor display.
The Aria features high-gloss hand-crafted Amish cabinetry and hand-laid porcelain tile floor throughout the coach. Leatherette seating and an electric fireplace provide a warm environment to lounge or entertain guests.
The Aria also features solid surface countertops, decorative tile backsplash, and residential appliances in the kitchen.
The unit offers a first for Thor Motor Coach, a 100-watt solar charging system with a power controller, according to the release.
“It’s linked right to the battery bank, so it’s going to be charging the whole entire time,” said Jon Krider, director of marketing at Thor Motor Coach.
“And it’s also nice because it’s a 40-amp charger. Even though there’s a 100-watt panel on there today, you could add two more panels and get yourself up to 300-watts to use the entire 40-amp charger. This could enhance your dry camping experience.”
Slideouts and awnings can be operated with the multiplex wiring control system, which also shows information such as tank levels.
Remote panels are conveniently placed throughout the Aria to manage the coach from multiple locations.
The Aria features a 50-inch retractable LG TV, Yamaha sound bar, and SONY BluRay player. The 40-inch exterior TV features a Bluetooth enabled sound bar.
Initially, two floor plans are available:
- 3601 (Length: 36 feet 3 inches)
- 3901 (Length: 39 feet 11 inches)
All Aria floor plans feature a king bed, 32-inch TV, and vast amounts of storage in the bedroom. The 3901 offers another first for Thor Motor Coach, the Tilt-A-View inclining bed mechanism. This feature adjusts the bed to the perfect angle for watching TV, reading, or a fantastic night’s sleep.
Key features of both models of the all-new 2017 Thor Motor Coach Aria include:
- Freightliner raised XC-R chassis with Cummins ISB-XT 360-hp Engine with 800 ft-lb of torque
- 6-Speed Allison MH-3000 automatic transmission
- I-Beam front axle with 55-degree wheel cut
- Touch screen dash radio with Bluetooth and mirror display
- Independent back-up monitor with three-camera system
- Leatherette reclining captain’s chair with 6-way power adjustment
- 10,000-pound trailer hitch
- Ceiling ducted Whisper Air central cooling system
- Stainless steel residential refrigerator with ice dispenser
- Denver Mattress king bed
- 50-amp shoreline power cord
- E-Z flow water panel with whole coach water filtration system
- Stackable washer and dryer
“Affordable luxury would be a perfect way to talk about the Aria,” said Krider.
“You’re going to get all the high-end diesel features, but it’s not going to be three to four-hundred thousand dollars, you’re looking at a price point much less than that.”
Options include a power drop-down overhead bunk with Cotton CloudTM mattress, a leatherette sofa bed option in the 3901 model, and a 32-inch TV in the cockpit overhead on the 3601model.
It’s not what you do once in a while; it’s what you do day in and day out that makes the difference.