Time glides with undiscover’d haste
The future but a length behind the past.
Hello, RVing friends! The year is turning over, and another 12 months of RVing, photography, hiking, and birding has flashed by.
The End is almost here!
This is article # 1804 since my first post on August 18, 2010. Okay, the end isn’t near, but the end of the year is almost here, and it’s time to think about wrap-ups as 2013 draws to a close.
The end of the year is the traditional time for doing a summary, and some reflection.
Looking back there were certain events and articles that kindled reader interest and comments.
Thank you for reading, providing feedback, and returning frequently to read my latest articles. Thank you for your continuing support!
Vogel Talks RVing would like to wish its readers a safe and happy New Years. As we reflect on the past year, here’s a look back at some of the most popular articles from Vogel Talks RVing.
After 129,766 unique visitors, 151,607 visits, and 218,621 page views in 2013, here are the top 10 most read and most popular Vogel Talks RVing articles of the year, listed in the order of their readership numbers. And the most popular article of 2013 is…
1. Old is New Again: New Retro RV Manufacturer - A recent trend in the RV manufacturing industry is the development of an increasing number of retro-style trailers entering the RV marketplace.
Number Page Views: 7,102
Posted: March 14, 2011
2. Lil’ Snoozy Goes Camping - Customers love the Lil Snoozy, a fiber glass travel trailer, because Lil’ is only 17 feet, 3 inches in length; 7 feet, 11 inches in width; and 7 feet, 5 inches high.
Number Page Views: 5,258
Posted: June 23, 2012
3. Teardrop trailers sees upswing in sales - American River Sales has sold American Teardrops for 10 years and recently began manufacturing them in response to increased demand.
Number Page Views: 4,239
Posted: September 25, 2010
4. Vistabule Introduces ‘Cab Forward’ Teardrop Trailer - Streamlined and weighing just 1,220 pounds, Vistabule can be towed behind nearly any small car.
Number Page Views: 3,860
Posted: January 3, 2013
5. DoubleBack Ultimate Camper Van - What makes the DoubleBack unique is just how much space it actually has, and how easily you can expand or contract its size to fit your recreational needs.
Number Page Views: 3,684
Posted: April 16, 2012
6. Bag-A-Lot, a Light Bulb Moment - What started as a homespun way to stash recyclables has developed into the clever invention of Bag-A-Lot, a portable, multi-purpose flexible bag holder.
Number Page Views: 3,632
Posted: September 21, 2012
7. Homemade Teardrop Trailers Make Comeback - Teardrops have been around since the 1930s—many were home-built—and were popular because of their sleek, aerodynamic design and lightweight materials.
Number Page Views: 3,409
Posted: March 2, 2011
8. Vintage Travel Trailers Restored - Visitors are welcome to view the vintage trailers under restoration as well as admire finished trailers available for sale to the public.
Number Page Views: 2,969
Posted: February 18, 2012
9. Cramper Van: Mini-House on Wheels - Dubbed the Cramper Van, the world’s smallest, lightest RV can seat up to four close friends in a pinch although one of the seats folds down over the two-ring hob and sink.
Number Page Views: 2,258
Posted: June 25, 2013
10. RVs That Double as Ice Fishing Cabins - What began not many years ago as an experiment in mobile fishing houses built on retractable wheels has blossomed into a business with many competing manufacturers.
Number Page Views: 2,094
Posted: December 23, 2011
A Happy New Year to all my readers. Best wishes for 2014. Find what brings you joy and go there.
Remember, the journey, and not the destination, is the joy of RVing. Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in an RV.
Happy Trails. Life is an adventure. Enjoy your journey.
We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
—Edith Lovejoy Pierce
May the months ahead be filled with great RVing experiences!