Twenty-seven campgrounds, RV parks, and resorts earned all around “A” grades in the sixth annual consumer satisfaction survey of campgrounds, RV parks, and resorts.
The top parks were announced November 7 during the National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds (ARVC) annual Outdoor Hospitality Conference & Expo, which took place at the Knoxville Convention Center.
More than 30,000 camping and RV enthusiasts participated in the online survey, which evaluated guest experiences at more than 3,000 campgrounds, RV parks and resorts that are affiliated with ARVC campgrounds, according to a ARVC news release.
“Consistently earning an overall ‘A’ grade from guests is difficult, and our 27 winners this year represent less than 2 percent of all of the nation’s campgrounds. But what is even more impressive is that four of this year’s winners have also received this award for six years in a row,” said Bob MacKinnon, president and CEO of GuestReviews.com, the Murrieta, Calif.-based company that conducted the online survey on behalf of ARVC.
“Consumers should take the time to check out the ratings that are posted for each campground on GoCampingAmerica.com because it is the quickest way to tell which parks are best meeting – and exceeding – guest expectations,” said Paul Bambei, ARVC’s president and CEO.
The 27 parks earning “A” grades this year include:
- Anaheim Resort RV Park, Anaheim, California, a three-time “A” grade winner, www.anaheimresortrvpark.com
- Ashland Resort, Northfork, West Virginia, a four-time “A” grade winner, www.atvresort.com
- Beaver Dam Campground, Berwick, Maine, a second-time “A” grade winner, www.beaverdamcampground.com
- Camp A Way, Lincoln, Nebraska, a third-time “A” grade winner, www.campaway.com
- Cherry Hill Park, College Park, Maryland, a five-time “A” grade winner,
- D & W Lake Camping and RV Park, Champaign, Illinois, a four-time “A” grade winner, www.dwlake.com
- Far Horizons 49er Village RV Resort, Plymouth, California, a second-time “A” grade winner, www.49ervillage.com
- Kalyumet Camping & Cabins, Lucinda, Pennsylvania, a three-time “A” grade winner, www.kalyumet.com
- Lake George RV Park, Lake George, New York, a six-time “A” grade winner, www.lakegeorgervpark.com
- Las Vegas RV Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, a four-time “A” grade winner, www.lasvegasrvresort.com
- Leaf Verde RV Resort, Buckeye, Arizona, a first-time “A” grade winner, www.leafverde.com
- Meadowcliff Lodge & RV Resort, Coleville, California, a five-time “A” grade winner, www.meadowcliff.com
- Mill Creek Ranch RV Resort, Canton, Texas, a five-time “A” grade winner, www.millcreekranchresort.com
- Misty River Cabins & RV Resort, Walland, Tennessee, a six-time “A” grade winner, www.mistyriverrv.com
- Moose River Campground, Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, a three-time “A” grade winner, www.mooserivercampground.com
- Mountain Vista Campground, East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, a five-time “A” grade winner, www.mtnvistacampground.com
- Pioneer Campground, Laporte, Pennsylvania, a six-time “A” grade winner, www.pioneercampground.com
- Pismo Coast Village RV Resort, Pismo Beach, California, a four-time “A” grade winner, www.pismocoastvillage.com
- Red Apple Campground, Kennebunkport, Maine, a five-time “A” grade winner, www.redapplecampground.com
- Rivers Edge Campground, Connellsville, Pennsylvania, a second-time “A” grade winner, www.campriversedge.com
- Shadow Hills RV Resort, Indio, California, a second-time “A” grade winner, www.shadowhillsrvresort.com
- The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course, Borrego Springs, California, a four-time “A” grade winner, www.springsatborrego.com
- The Vineyards Campground & Cabins, Grapevine, Texas, a six-time “A” grade winner, www.vineyardscampground.com
- Wine Country RV Resort, Paso Robles, California, a second-time “A” grade winner, www.winecountryrvresort.com
- Wishon Village RV Park, Shaver Lake, California, a three-time “A” grade winner, www.wishonvillage.com
- Yellowstone Holiday Campground, West Yellowstone, Montana, a three-time “A” grade winner, www.yellowstoneholiday.com
National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC)
ARVC is the only national association exclusively representing the interests of all commercial RV Parks and Campgrounds in the United States.
Phone: (303) 681-0401 or (800) 395-2267 (toll free)
In February of 2008, GuestRated introduced the nation’s first ongoing guest satisfaction rating program covering all independent, privately-owned RV parks and campgrounds in the U.S. This online survey program was launched in cooperation with ARVC as a member benefit to provide parks with the opportunity to measure and improve guest satisfaction and better serve today’s camping and RVing enthusiasts.
I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.