The RV Dealers Association (RVDA) will honor RV brands built by 18 manufacturers with its Quality Circle Award during a special ceremony December 2 in Louisville, Kentucky, just prior to the opening of the National RV Trade Show.
“The DSI Quality Circle Award recognizes the high level of success these manufacturers have had in working with their dealer business partners,” says RVDA Chairman of the Board Jeff Hirsch of Kingston, New Hampshire-based Campers Inn.
“Their commitment to continuously improving products and services ultimately helps dealers serve customers better and preserves our industry’s share of consumers’ discretionary dollars.”
The towable RV manufacturers/brands receiving awards are (in alphabetical order by manufacturer):
- Coachmen (Clipper/Viking Travel Trailers)
- Forest River (Palomino Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels, Rockwood/Roo Expandables, Sierra/Sandpiper)
- Grand Design (Solitude)
- Heartland (Big Country/Elk Ridge, Bighorn/Landmark, Cyclone/Road Warrior/Torque, Gateway, North Trail/Wilderness, Prowler, Sundance, Trail Runner/Fairfield)
- Jayco (Camping Trailers, Eagle/Eagle Premier/HT, Jay Feather, Jay Flight/Swift/SLX/DST/Bungalow, Pinnacle, White Hawk)
- Keystone (Cougar/X-lite, Hornet/Hideout/Energy, Laredo, Montana/Big Sky/High Country/Mountaineer, Outback/Sydney, Raptor, Sprinter/Copper Canyon)
- KZ (Sportsmen/Sportsmen Classic, Spree/Spree Escape)
- Lance (Travel Trailers and Truck Campers)
- Lifestyle RV/Bay Hill Fifth Wheels
- Open Range
- Prime Time (Avenger, LaCrosse/Tracer, Crusader/Sanibel)
The 10 motorized RV brands/manufacturers receiving awards are (in alphabetical order):
- Coachmen (Class Cs)
- Forest River
- Jayco (Class As and Cs)
- Leisure Travel Vans/Triple E
- Thor Motor Coach
When rating their brands/manufacturers, RVDA asks dealers to express, confidentially, their level of satisfaction on eight core issues:
- Sales support
- Sales territory
- Vehicle design
- Vehicle reliability/quality
- Competitive price/value
- Parts support
- Dealership warranty support
- Overall dealer communications
The 20th Annual DSI survey was conducted between April and July 2013. Four hundred and sixty-nine (469) dealers responded to the DSI this year and provided 2,501 brand ratings, an average of more than five per dealer.
A summary of the DSI survey aggregate results will appear in the November issue of RV Executive Today.
RVDA is the national association representing RV retailers. The association’s members include RV dealers, RV rental operators, and RV AfterMarket sales, and service locations.
RVDA of Canada is a national, volunteer federation of provincial and regional RVDA associations which exists to protect and promote the interests and welfare of RV Dealers across Canada in order to enable the industry to maximize its potential.
RVDA will present the recognition awards at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky, on Monday, December 2, at 5:00 p.m., followed by the RVDA Dealer Reception.
If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens.