There’s a wind of change in the energy market thanks to a Southern California design and engineering company.
WindyNation takes the trouble and confusion out of adding a solar panel system to a battery bank with their 100% Complete Off-Grid Solar Kits.
WindyNation’s Solar Panel Complete Kits for RVs, boats, and off-grid applications are easy to install by any layman, according to a company news release.
The kits, which are available from 100-watt to 600-watt units, take the trouble and confusion out of adding a solar panel to a battery bank.
The company said it takes the approach that deploying cost-effective, small-scale solar and wind power is not rocket science, according to WindyNation’s Josh Antelman.
Benefits and features of a kit for RVs, boats, and off-grid applications include producing up to 3,600-watt hours of charge per day depending on kit size.
Two or more panels provide back-up power for critical appliances, like a refrigerator, during a power outage.
The equipment powers devices in remote back country locations, and easily provides power for sheds, light poles, and gates without the need for trenching and laying cable.
Kit will produce an average of 300-600 Watt Hours (Wh) or 25-50 Amp Hours (Ah) of charge per day (depends on sunlight availability)
The kit includes:
(1 pc) 100 Watt WindyNation 12 Volt Solar Panel
- Perfect for 12 volt battery charging
- High efficiency German made Bosch solar cells provide long term reliability and stability
- Outstanding electrical performance under high temperature and low irradiance conditions
(1 pc) 10 amp Solar Charge Controller
- Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) controlled with overload, short circuit, and reverse polarity protection
- 5 LEDs indicate charging status and battery status
- Easy to install
(1 set) Solar Panel Z-Bracket Mount
- Includes 4 aluminum Z-brackets and 4 sets of stainless steel fasteners
- Allows for a quick and easy mounting method to an RV, boat, or roof
- Corrosion resistant materials
Solar Panel Extension Cable and MC4 Connectors
- 40 continuous feet of UL Listed 12 AWG solar extension cable
- 1 male and 1 female MC4 connector
The MC4 connectors allow for a quick and waterproof connection of the solar extension cable to the MC4 connectors attached to the back of the solar panel.
The 100-watt kit suggested retail price starts at $214.98.
Customer service and product support come in many varieties, including telephone, online product manuals, online question submissions, and videos.
WindyNation manufactures components for small wind and solar generators, with an emphasis on the growing community of do-it-yourselfers interested in doing more than just learning—but also doing.
WindyNation products are designed with the intention of making high-quality and low-cost alternative home power solutions available around the world.
Address: 1082 Front Street, Unit B, Ventura, CA 9300
Phone: (805) 323-6445
I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.
—Franklin P. Adams