Skokie, Illinois-based Rand McNally introduced the RVND 7720, a new seven-inch RV GPS device with Wi-Fi connectivity allowing for real-time weather information and display, and new hardware with rugged casing, video input, and a brighter screen.
The new device—now available in stores, online retailers, and RV dealers and distributors—joins Rand McNally’s line of RVND GPS devices for RVers.
Rand McNally pioneered RV-specific navigation by launching the first GPS device designed specifically for RVers and campers, according to a Rand McNally news release.
RV-specific navigation is necessary to route large vehicles and towables around road restrictions, low bridges, and other physical hazards. However, like all Rand McNally RV GPS devices, the RVND 7720 can be used as a car GPS as well—merely by changing a simple setting.
One of the new features of the RVND 7720 is Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables the transmission and display of weather as well as other real-time information. With updated weather information, RVers will be able to anticipate delays and make plans by viewing current and predicted conditions displayed on the map and along the route.
Besides weather, other RV-specific connected services will be coming soon and will be available for this device.
The RVND 7720 has an all-new hardware platform, featuring a new rugged design with
ridged casing for added protection, a brighter screen that adjusts for low and strong light, and video input compatible with a range of back-up and rear-view cameras.
The base maps and overlaying content, such as campgrounds, parks, RV service, and other RV points of interest, also have been updated for the RVND 7720.
The new device ships with Lifetime Maps (see link below) so owners will be able to update their devices at no additional cost.
The RVND 7720 GPS includes the following additional new features:
- Fully updated road data, including RV-specific information such as speed limits, legal, and physical restrictions, and all Rand McNally proprietary RV data
- Fully updated points of interest necessary for safe and convenient routing, including travel centers and RV parking information at rest stops, exits, and other locations
- Fuel logs, which are accessible from the Virtual Dashboard or via RV Tools; the feature enables drivers to record fuel purchases for a trip
- Additional routing options such as “Avoid State or Province” and “Avoid Smaller Roads”
- Address book icon enhancement, which enables unique icons to be created by group and shown on the map for imported locations; address book items can be sorted by name, distance from current location, or date added
- Text-to-speech alert details for user-imported custom points of interest, such as red light cameras, to reduce driver distraction
The new RVND 7720 has all of the features and functionality drivers have come to expect from Rand McNally, including: Virtual Dashboard; junction view with lane assist; free downloads of Rand McNally’s proprietary construction information and software updates; Exits Quick View which shows RV parking and amenities at exits; RV Tools, RV amenities and locations such as campgrounds, RV services, and dumps; Woodall’s Campground information with searchable amenities; Rand McNally exclusive pre-planned trips with photos and video; and routing for 11 types of RVs as well as for cars.
Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content.
Rand McNally’s products and services include road travel review site (bestoftheroad), interactive travel referral service (tripology), America’s #1 Road Atlas, TripMaker RVND GPS for RVers, IntelliRoute truck routing software and mobile communication solutions for the transportation industry, and the leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom.
Consumers, businesses, truckers, and educators depend upon Rand McNally to help navigate today’s world.
Address: 9855 Woods Drive Skokie, Illinois 60077
Phone: (800) 333-0136
Best of RVing website: bestoftheroad.com/rv
Best of the Road website: bestoftheroad.com
Tripology website: tripology.com/
Lifetime Maps program website: randmcnally.com/lifetimemaps
I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.