Tiffin Motorhomes introduces the 2013 Zephyr, carrying it with it the most luxury the Class A motorhome manufacturer has ever packed into one of their motorhomes.
From the new Cummins 500 HP ISX engine with proven technology, to the all new front and rear cap design, Tiffin believes the Zephyr has moved into an entire new class of motorhome with a totally new contemporary design and more modern appearance.
With additional interior storage, larger televisions, and a full walk-in wardrobe closet, the Zephyr offers the roominess to make you feel like you are in a luxury home, according to a company news release.
The 2013 Zephyr also comes in two new floor plans, the 45 LZ and the 45 TZ, with three options for each.
“Built on the superbly-engineered Spartan K2 chassis, the Zephyr is loaded with more features than we’ve ever incorporated into a motorhome. Materials everywhere are beautiful to the eye and premium to the touch, including handcrafted solid wood cabinets and sumptuous countertops in the kitchen and bath.”
With 165-cubic feet of basement storage and the cavernous bath-and-a-half floor plan, there’s also room to bring more than a few luxuries of your own.
The Zephyr also gets high marks for safety, with a steel structure, two-stage compression engine brake, and up to six air bags.
2013 Zephyr mechanical specs include:
- 500 HP @ 1,800 RPM Cummins ISX 11.9-liter Engine with 1,645 Torque @ 1,200 RPM
- Independent Front Suspension
- Allison 4000 MH Transmission
- 2-stage Engine Brake
- Overall Length – 44 feet11 inches
- Overall Height with Roof Air – 12 feet 10 inches
- Interior Height – 84 inches
- Overall Width – 101 inches
- Interior Width – 96 inches
- Fresh Water Tank – 90 gallons
- Black Water Tank – 50 gallons
- Grey Water Tank – 70 gallons
- Fuel Tank – 150 gallons
- Spartan K2 Chassis
- Torque (Lb.-Ft. Max. Net): 1,645 @1,200
- GAWR—Front: 16,600 Lb.
- GAWR—Rear: 20,000 Lb.
- GVWR –48,600 pounds
- GCWR– 63,600 pounds
2013 Zephyr interior features highlights include:
- Porcelain Tile Flooring throughout Entire Coach Including Living Room Slide-outs
- Solid Surface Countertops with New Design and Splash Guards
- Self-closing Ball Bering Drawer Slides (Select Areas)
- Stainless Steel Refrigerator with Ice and Water Dispenser in Door
- Recessed 2-burner Cook-top with Solid Surface Covers (with LPG Option)
- In-dash Stereo/Navigation System with Smart Wheel Controls
- Computer Slide-out Tray in Dash with Lock-out Rails
- Driver’s Station Moved 10.5” Forward for Improved Handling and Drivability
- Dual General Air Comfort King Mattress with Nightstands
- Decorative Hardwood & Wrought Iron Ceiling Ring
- Upgraded Lavatory with Two Pyramid Sinks with Soap Dispensers
- Elongated Ceramic Toilet with Electric Flush
- Stacked Washer/Dryer in Rear Wardrobe
Tiffin Motorhomes, Inc.
Tiffin, founded in Red Bay, Alabama, in 1972, is a leading Class A motorhome manufacturer with brands that include the Allegro, Allegro RED, Allegro Breeze, Phaeton, Allegro Bus, and Zephyr. Tiffin’s Phaeton diesel pusher has been the best-selling Class A coach for the past three years, followed closely by Tiffin’s upscale Allegro Bus.
Tiffin has manufactured and sold over 65,000 motorhomes.
Current owners, prospective customers, and anyone interested in the RV lifestyle are invited to tour the Tiffin Motorhomes plant in the Tiffin family’s hometown of Red Bay, located in the northwest corner of Alabama. From meeting our craftsman to seeing the complexity of motor home construction, you’ll get a close-up look at the care and dedication that goes into every model.
Factory tours are held Monday through Friday at 9:30 am. No appointment is necessary, and it usually takes about one hour for the tour.
Address: 105 2nd Street NW, Red Bay, AL 35582
Phone: (256) 356-8661
It’s not what you do once in a while; it’s what you do day in and day out that makes the difference.