Rand McNally, a leader in travel and navigation, and Woodall’s, part of the Good Sam family of RV clubs, community, and publications, are partnering to include Woodall’s campground data in Rand McNally’s TripMaker RVND GPS units for RVers.
The data will be pre-loaded in devices shipping mid-April, and also will be available to current owners of TripMaker RVND devices—both the 5 inch and 7 inch models—via a simple and free download in early Q2. Rand McNally will be reaching out to existing owners to ensure that they are able to download the new content.
“Woodall’s is North America’s leading source of campground information for RVers and campers. We are very pleased to offer this very valued content as part of our industry-leading RV GPS devices,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
Highlights of the Woodall’s Campground data include:
- Listings for more than 12,000 RV parks and campground locations, with amenities:
- Family-friendly campgrounds and pets-allowed locations
- “Big Rig” parks
- “Green parks”
- Site information such as extended stay sites available, typical site width, and pull through information
- Services such as fees, escort to site, dumping
- Essential information about seasonality and rates
- Importantly, the data also includes the proprietary “5-W” ratings, which reflect the views of unbiased inspectors who visit and rate every possible private campground each year.
“We are excited to bring together two well-known brands in the RVing community—Rand McNally and Woodall’s. Our carefully researched data will certainly enhance the value of the TripMaker RVND GPS to RVers, especially those who have been loyal users of Woodall’s for decades,” said Ann Emerson, Vice President and Publisher, Woodall’s and Trailer Life Directory.
According to Muscatel, market research and direct feedback from current users indicates that the ability to find RV specific information on campgrounds is one of the top three features that RVers want in a GPS.
“And 65% of those surveyed told us that ratings, such as the 5-W ratings, were important. The Woodall’s data will augment the 12,000 campgrounds currently in the product, making our TripMaker RVND the most robust provider of campground information with RV specific information available,” added Muscatel.
Rand McNally’s TripMaker RVND line of GPS products, launched in 2011, include:
- RV-safe and -easy routing—navigation for 11 types of RV; includes entry for weight, height, length, and propane on-board; routes based on legal and physical restrictions, such as low bridges, roads with weight limits; warnings for sharp turns
- RVer amenities and tools—13,000+ RV parks and campgrounds with amenities such as dump stations, electric hook up, 6,000+ travel center locations with searchable amenities such as parking, dump stations and showers, 24,000+ pet-friendly locations, and more than 150,000 places just off the interstate, organized by exit number
- RV-friendly trips and content—12,000 Rand McNally Editor’s Picks, including Best of the Road 3-4-day adventures, regional trips, scenic tours, weekend getaways, plus photos and videos of destinations
Rand McNally’s TripMaker RVND GPS units are available at Camping World SuperCenters nationwide, at CampingWorld.com, and through Rand McNally’s retail channels.
Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content.
Good Sam Enterprises, LLC
Good Sam Enterprises, LLC (GSE) and its wholly owned subsidiaries, serve the safety, security, comfort, and convenience needs of the North American outdoor and recreational vehicle market.
The corporate headquarters is located in Ventura, California. Subsidiary operations and divisions can be found at multiple locations throughout the United States.
Woodall’s Publications including Woodall’s Campground Directory and website are part of the Good Sam Family, and devoted to enhancing the lifestyle of recreational-vehicle enthusiasts.
As you go through life, when you come to a fork in the road, take it.